Wednesday, April 23, 2008

That time of year again?

It seems that time of year has dawned on us again - to think about swimwear. 

What to wear as well as how we are going to fit into it again? Maybe time to start working out again?

For me, in the past years, the issue has mostly been about swimwear - not because I am confident in my figure but because swimwear to me has been such a big problem. 

I have continued to buy at least one or two bikinis a year, not because I follow the swimsuit trends or because I wear swimsuits so much that I need one every year. But because I have never been happy with swimwear that I had purchased. A lot of times, if the top fit, the bottom didn't and vice versa. And yes, many brands like Jcrew, have mix and match - but the sizes never quite fit because they are made for standard sizes - small cups for smaller girls and bigger cups for bigger girls - and the problem was that I am not a standard size and the swimsuits just never fit. I was always hesitant to go in the water or play beach volleyball for fear that the ill-fitting swimsuit will expose something that I would rather not expose. Hence I kept on looking and buying in hopes of a finding a perfect swimsuit for me. 

Happily, I can say that two years ago I remedied that situation, when I walked into my neighborhood lingerie shop, Trousseau and tried on the mix and match bikinis there - and found Vitamin A, which has turned out to be my savior, fitting me perfectly. (There were definitely some other brands that were equally great, like Vix, L-space, etc., but somehow I keep turning to Vitamin A). Since then I have bought 3 more bikinis - going especially crazy last year for the trip to Mexico last year for our wedding. 

Now that I have 4 fully functional bikinis, I should no longer fret about the swimsuit situation (and probably should focus on getting my beach-body ready) but old habits are hard to kick, and I found myself back at Trousseau trying on yet more bikinis just last week. I was actually there to purchase a bra but the swimwear on display was way too enticing... And I found a bandeau top that I would love to have (the left one in the pictures). I am trying to justify it by saying my swimwear are mostly halter styles (like the pink and brown below) and I don't really have a great bandeau....

What do you think? Do you think I should get it? Or should I try to kick my annual springtime addiction?


(pics from Vitamin A swimwear)

No comments: